Most times all you need is just an inspiration to spark off that change you need or help you go through that challenge. Inspirational quotes are mostly from people that have passed through similar situations and came out victorious, making you believe that such change is possible. Changes don’t just happen, something inspires it. Funny enough most people are scared of change, instead they prefer to remain in the status quo, at this point all they need is a word of inspiration that will inspire or challenge them to take that bold step. Here is a list of best quotes about change that might give you that courage and inspiration you need to effect that positive change in your life.
Famous Quotes About Change
1. Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. -Shunryu Suzuki
2. We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves. -Lynn Hall
3. Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau
4. For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
5. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. -Lao Tzu
6. My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations. -Michael J. Fox
7. The best way is not to fight it, just go. Don’t be trying all the time to fix things. What you run from only stays with you longer. When you fight something, you only make it stronger. -Chuck Palahniuk
8. Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, So what. That’s one of my favorite things to say. So what. -Andy Warhol
9. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. -J.K. Rowling
10. Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. -Joan Wallach Scott
11. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. -Maria Robinson
12. You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler. -Denis Waitley
13. There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one’s position, and be bruised in a new place. -Washington Irving
14. The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down. -Jawaharlal Nehru
15. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. -C.S. Lewis
16. The end of a melody is not its goal: but nonetheless, had the melody not reached its end it would not have reached its goal either. A parable. -Friedrich Nietzsche
17. Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance. -Deepak Chopra
18. The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace. -Eckhart Tolle
19. Acceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary it means accepting it as it comes… To accept is to say yes to life in its entirety. -Paul Tournier
20. Life is its own journey, presupposes its own change and movement, and one tries to arrest them at one’s eternal peril. -Laurens van der Post
21. Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. -Pauline R. Kezer
22. Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable. -Denis Waitley
23. All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. -Anatole France
24. To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson
25. Humility means accepting reality with no attempt to outsmart it. -David Richo
26. A rolling stone can gather no moss- Publilius Syrus
27. There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one’s position, and be bruised in a new place -Washington Irving
28. Nothing is permanent, but change – Heraclitus
29. One of the things I learnt when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself I could not change others -Nelson Mandela
30. Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit -Henry Brooks Adams
31. Adapt or perish, now as ever, is Nature’s inexorable imperative -H. G. Wells
32. It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be -Isaac Asimov
33. Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life -Herbert Otto
34. Any change, even for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts -Arnold Bennett
35. Change doesn’t come from Washington. Change comes to Washington – Barack Obama
36. There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction – Winston Churchill
37. If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change -John A. Simone Sr.
38. Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations – Faith Baldwin
39. The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down – Jawaharlal Nehru
40. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable -Helen Keller
41. A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will -Spanish Proverb
42. You can’t force anyone to love you. So just be you. Never change for anyone because it never last. Be true, be real, be you.
43. The best love is the one that makes you a better person, without changing you into someone other than yourself.
44. Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change people.
45. When you look at a person, any person. Remember that anyone has gone through something that has changed them.
46. I will not stress myself out about things I can’t change or control.
47. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
48. One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
49. When you’re trying to motivate yourself, appreciate the fact that you’re even thinking about making change. And as you move forward, allow yourself to be good enough.
50. There are two primary choices in life: to accept the conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them – Denis Witley.