As much fun as a brain teaser questions can be, its primary purpose is to exercise the brain and keep it fit. Brain teasers are not a new development, they have been there for centuries. They usually come in the form of question and answers and they are unconventional questions that requires one to think in an unconventional way to be able to answer them. Some answers are intelligent while some are silly, but you always enjoy them anyway. Here are some good examples of brain teasers questions, specifically meant for adults.
1. Q: Joseph and Lena are found dead on the floor with some water around. The windows are open and a strong wind draft is blowing the curtains around. How did they die?
A: Joseph and Lena were goldfishes. The wind tipped their bowl over, hence killing them!
2. Q: Which travels faster? Hot or Cold?
A: Hot is faster ‘coz you can catch a cold.
3. Q: Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one. Michael J. Fox has a short one. Madonna doesn’t use hers. Bill Clinton always uses his. The Pope never uses his. What is it?
4. Q: First I threw away the outside and cooked the inside, then I ate the outside and threw away the inside, what did I eat?
A: Corn on the cob
5. Q: A man is trapped in a sealed room with only two doors. One of them leads to a fire-breathing dragon, while the other one leads to a room made up of magnifying glass, any one who dares to enter it is charred off before they know it. How does he escape?
A: He will wait for nightfall and then step out from the glass room!
6. Q: What makes more as you take them?
7. Q: You’re stranded in a deserted place when you discover an old cabin. It’s freezing outside and you only have one match, a candle, a newspaper, and some hay and twigs. What do you light first?
A: The matchstick of course!
8. Q: A boy is walking down the road with a doctor. While the boy is the doctor’s son, the doctor isn’t the boy’s father. Then who is the doctor?
A: The doctor is the boy’s mother.
9. Q: What can you hold without ever touching, or using your hands?
A: Your breath!
10. Q: I am the beginning of sorrow and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun but I am never out of darkness. What am I?
A: The letter S
11. Q: In which direction is the bus going and why? Left or right are the only possible answers.
A: The bus is headed to the left, else we would see the boarding door!
12. Q: The number 8,549,176,320 is a unique number. Can you tell me what is so special about it?
A: This is the only number which includes all the digits arranged in alphabetical order.
13. Q: When you have me, you immediately feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you don’t have me.
A: A secret
14. Q: What has a mouth but cannot eat, what moves but has no legs and what has a bank but cannot put money in it?
15. Q: When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
A: When you add two hours to eleven o-clock, you get one o-clock.
16. Q: A man condemned to death has the option of picking one of the mentioned three rooms. The first room is a furnace filled with feeding flames, the second has armed men with loaded guns while the third has lions starving for years. Which one should the man choose?
A: The third room, because lions hungry for years would be long dead!
17. Q: There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?
18. Q: What kind of room has no doors or windows?
A: A mushroom.
19. Q: What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
A: A palm.
20. Q: A man is pushing his car along the road when he comes to a hotel. He shouts, “I’m bankrupt!” Why?
A: He was playing Monopoly.
21. Q: What can you catch but not throw?
A: A cold.
22. Q: What is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than a minute?
A: His breath.
23. Q: He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?
A: A preacher.
24. Q: Take off my skin – I won’t cry, but you will! What am I?
A: An onion.
25. Q: Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
A: Stop imagining.
26. Q: What has one eye but cannot see?
A: A needle.
27. Q: What is always coming but never arrives?
28. Q: Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
A: Neither, they both weigh one pound.
29. Q: Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they’re not twins. How can this be?
A: The two babies are two of a set of triplets.
30. Q: A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn’t break the law.
A: She was walking.
More brain teasers continues on the next page