What was supposed to be a terrific wedding night turned out to be that of horror after the man discovered that his newly wedded wife was a hermaphrodite. He was shattered at the sight of an organ in which he had instead of a vagina.
There the story began as told by Nigerian relationship blogger Joro Olumofin on Yaba Left. According to the blogger, the distraught man had dated his wife for one year without sex only to discover that she had a penis after committing to marriage.
I have been sitting in this same spot since last night wondering how I got myself into this. We dated for one year and she did not for once let me see her naked insisting on no sex before marriage. How foolish I was. she’s so beautiful and I thought it was worth the wait. I’m confused.
We got married on Monday and before the reception, I begged her to let me have a taste of the cookie and she refused and I agreed because a little suspense is always good. Imagine my shock at night when I saw my wife with an erect penis. I almost punched her/him.
She said she was born that way but for Pete’s sake why did she hide such a thing from me. I can’t stop crying. I built my life around her. I’m weak. I can’t even tell my friends. I feel like visiting the lagoon or just taking otapiapia (rat poison). Joro please help me, you and you followers. I need to hurt her equally. Did I spend almost 2 million Naira on a wedding to see a dick? This is too much. Help me.
I’m gradually losing my mind. She claims she didn’t tell me because she didn’t want to lose me, for Christ’s sake, what do I do now? Where do I start?”
The message above was supposedly sent to Joro’s blog, sparking a good number of comments surrounding deceit by the woman. They insisted that the “no sex before marriage” policy was a ploy to get the man committed to her before she revealed her secret. Some other comments said, if true love exists between them, then they would try to work something out since she didn’t create herself to be that way.
Following the positive feedback to the earlier message, the man supposedly wrote another letter to Joro to give a situation report.
“Hi Joro, thank you for taking out time to post my previous message. I’m the guy that wrote to you about my wife having a penis (turns out she also had a vagina, she’s a hermaphrodite)
I read every single comment on the post and while some thought it was funny, I honestly found solace in most of the comments. Thank you all.
To the situation report, I went to her dad and expressed my displeasure at being deceived and he asked me if I remember him always asking if she had told me everything about her and I kept saying yes (because I thought she had a dark past and I wasn’t interested in knowing). He said he wasn’t in a position to tell me she was born with a penis.
Long story short, she’s gone abroad for corrective surgery and it was successful and she’s due to return back next week but… I don’t love her anymore, the thought that she tricked me into the no sex before marriage thing to marry her is killing me. In my mind, she’ll always be the lady with a penis and I don’t see myself having sex with her. Joro, you’re the shrink here, is there anything I can do to see her as a woman again? I don’t wanna have sex with her and start believing I’m gay *the thought I made out with her after the wedding makes me feel sick).
Divorce is going to be a last resort but I want to try my best to make us work. Help me Joro, how can I love her as a woman once more? God bless you.”
Africa is made up of diverse cultures and there are things that are hardly accepted in the African Society. A typical example is a hermaphrodite. Africans will only blame the gods for sending such an evil to them rather than seeing it as a genetic condition, although education is doing a good job in eradicating that now.
Elsewhere in the United States, The Daily Mail reported a story of a woman Caroline Kinsey, who lived 41 years of her life as a man because her parents failed to tell her she was a hermaphrodite.
There is no greater way of feeling depressed than being rejected by society because of what you have or what you were born with.
Caroline didn’t find out the disorder in her sexual development until she was 19 years old. But at 41, she decided to start dressing as a lady rather than a man.
Other Interesting Facts About A Hermaphrodite
- The condition of being ‘Intersex’ affects one in every 2,000 births in the UK (although figures may be much higher) and there are an estimated 30,000 intersex people in the UK.
- There are several known abnormalities that can lead to such specific sexual ambiguity.
- The so-called ‘XX male syndrome’ occurs in people who have two X chromosomes – one of which contains a significant amount of genetic material from a Y chromosome.
- At first, these people appear to be male, but are, in fact, genetically female. Typically, they will possess male sex organs, but these will often be underdeveloped.
- They will often develop breasts and maintain a high-pitched speaking voice.
- Biologists now recognize a host of conditions, both genetic and otherwise, which are labeled under the umbrella term ‘intersex’ – which replaces older terms such as ‘hermaphrodite’.
- Intersex people may be genetically female, but physiologically male. Some will be true hermaphrodites, producing both eggs and sperm.
- Many will have been subjected to ‘gender reassignment surgery’ after birth, sometimes successfully, often not.