The sudden death of the Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery has left everyone in a state of shock.
Nkaissery who was an Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph reportedly died a short hour after he was rushed to Karen Hospital in Nairobi for a medical check-up.
The sad news about the death of the renown politician hit Kenya at the time when the country prepares for its fifth general elections scheduled to begin on August 8.
“It is with deep sorrow and shock that we announce the sudden passing on of Interior CS Retired General Joseph Nkaissery.
“The country to be updated as more information becomes available,” read a statement from Chief Staff and Head of the Public Service Joseph Kinyua.
Doubt has, however, been cast in the manner in which the CS died wit the likes of Mutahi Ngunyi and Millie Odhiambo speculating that the renown political leader was assassinated.
Death of Nkaissery DOES NOT ADD UP. Security Ministers DO NOT DIE 30 days to ELECTION. They are NOT ALLOWED to DIE. It is an Assassination
— Mutahi Ngunyi (@MutahiNgunyi) July 8, 2017
Though the government is yet to provide details about his sudden death the speculations cannot be thrown away, at least not yet, considering Kenya’s current political heat.
The CS looked in good spirits at his final public appearance on Friday, July 7.
Facts You Need To Know About Joseph Nkaissery
- Born on 28 November 1949, Joseph Nkaissery has been part of Kenya’s politics way back as 2002 when he retired from the military.
- He was elected as Kajiado Central MP during the 2007 General Election
- In 2008, he was appointed Assistant Minister for Internal Security in the Grand Coalition Government.
- He successfully defended his parliamentary seat in 2013 on an ODM ticket before being appointed as Internal CS in 2014.
- From December 18, 2014 – July 7, 2017, Joseph Nkaissery was the Cabinet Secretary for Interior where he coordinated the National Government of Ministry of Interior.
- Before joining politics, Nkaissery served in the Kenya Defence Forces, rising to the rank of major-general in the Kenya Army.
- He served as a commandant of the Armed Forces Training College.
- He retired in Dec 2002 after 29 years of military service.
All You Must Know About Joseph Nkaissery’s sudden Death
- Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery died at Karen Hospital early Saturday morning.
- Nkaissery was aged 67 at the time of his death.
- He fell sick on Friday evening and was rushed to the city hospital.
- His last public appearance was at a prayer event at Uhuru Park during Saba Saba commemoration on Friday.
- His body has been moved to Lee Funeral Home.
- The cause of his death is still unknown.
- He was scheduled to attend a fundraising event for needy children at Ilbisil in Kajiado Central on Saturday.
- Nkaissery’s wife Hellen, is admitted at a Nairobi hospital where she is recuperating from the shock she suffered following the death of her husband the CS.