Many couples today decide to have a secular wedding, not attached to any particular religion. In this kind of wedding, every thing about it is non religious including the wedding vows, also the wordings used are non religious. As weird as this might sound, it is so true and a lot of people are actually having such weddings. In order to help you get started planning your big day, we want to share some of the vows couples have used in ceremonies like that to give you ideas for your own. Here we will pay more attention to the non religious wedding vows they use, quite interesting.
Simple Wedding Vows Strictly Non Religious
1. “______, I promise to be faithful, supportive, and loyal and to give you my companionship and love throughout all the changes of our life. I vow to bring you happiness, and I will treasure you as my companion. I will celebrate the joys of life with you. I promise to support your dreams, and walk beside you offering courage and strength through all endeavors. From this day forward, I will be proud to be your wife/husband and your best friend.”
2. “______, will you take ______ to be your wife/husband? Do you commit yourself to her/his happiness and self-fulfillment as a person? Do you promise to love, honor, and trust her/him in sickness and in health, in adversity and prosperity, and to be true and loyal to her/him so long as you both shall live?”
3. “______, I take you as my wife/husband, with your faults and your strengths, as I offer myself to you with my faults and my strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.”
4. “______, in taking the woman whom you hold by the right hand to be your lawful and wedded wife, do you promise to love and cherish her, to honor and sustain her, in sickness as in health, in poverty as in wealth, and to be true to her in all things until death alone shall part you?”
5. “______, in taking the man whom you hold by the right hand to be your lawful and wedded husband, do you promise to love and cherish him, to honor and sustain him, inï¿½sickness as in health, in poverty as in wealth, and to be true to him in all things until death alone shall part you?”
6. I (promise/further promise) to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve (higher/all of your) goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
7. “______, I take you as my wife/husband, with your faults and your strengths, as I offer myself to you with my faults and my strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.”
8. I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/husband/spouse. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish ’till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.
9. “I ________, take thee ________, to be my wife/husband/spouse.To have and to hold,in sickness and in health,for richer or for poorer,
and I promise my love to you forevermore”
10. (Name), I pledge my heart, body and soul to our union. I promise to support you in your endeavors and counsel you when you need my guidance. I will accept your counsel with an open heart and open mind. I will share my thoughts, dreams, hopes and fears with you. I will hold you close when you laugh and when you cry. I vow to be a strong individual within a solid union so we may both grow in love and wisdom for the rest of our days.
11. I, (name), take you, (name) to be my husband/wife/partner. I pledge myself this day to trust and appreciate you. I promise to respect and cherish your uniqueness and to support, comfort and strengthen you through life’s joys and sorrows. I promise to build a life together based upon mutual concern, compassion and honor. I will be faithful and loving, in good times and in bad, from this day forward.
12. I, (name) give to you, (name) my vow of sacred matrimony. I acknowledge our individuality and respect the natural space that will reside comfortably between us. I promise to bridge that space with open communication, silent understanding and heartfelt compassion. I promise to act loving so as to be loving. I promise to love passionately, argue fairly and support you unfailingly. I gladly accept the responsibilities that come with our relationship. I love you and pledge my fidelity all the days of our lives.
13. I, (name), take you (name), to be my lawfully wedded (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, keeping myself only unto you until death we do part.
14. I, (name), take you, (name), to be my beloved (wife/husband), to honor and treasure, to be at your side in times of sorrow and in times of joy, to love and comfort you always, pledging my faithfulness to our union, for all the days of my life.
15. I, (name), vow to love you, (name), and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and your strengths, as I offer myself to you with my faults and my strengths. I will help you when you need help, and will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.
16. I, (name), am proud to marry you, (name), the woman/man I want by my side for the rest of my life. I promise to give you all the love, courtesy, respect, and attention a good union demands. I dedicate myself in mind, body, heart and soul to bring you happiness and comfort from this day forward.
17. I, (name), take you (name) to be my husband./wife. I promise to be true to you through the inevitable changes life brings. I will remain by your side in times of want and times of plenty. When we are ill and when we are well, when we grieve and when we rejoice, I will love and honor you all the days of my life. I offer my trust in you, vowing to be faithful and understanding from this day forward.
18. (Name), I give to you everything I am and everything I will ever be. I value our friendship beyond measure. I promise to share your dreams and help you achieve your goals. I will never stand behind you or in front of you but always beside you. I will listen to you with an open heart and an open mind pledging my honesty, compassion, fidelity and forgiveness. I promise to love you no matter what tomorrow brings. I will always be your most loyal friend and your loving husband/wife because you are my heart and my soul now and forever.
19. (Name), you are the person I want to share my life with. I want to be the one to give you warmth when you are cold, comfort when you are in pain, joy when you are sad. I will care for you as you care for me, sharing equally in the responsibilities we both bring to our marriage. I will support you in all your endeavors. I give you my trust and promise to be worthy of your trust. I will remain by your side now and forever as your husband/wife.
20. (Name), you are the love of my life, the inspiration I have always sought. I pledge my dedication to you for the rest of my life. I love you with all of my heart and soul. I will do everything within my power to ensure your happiness and well-being. I, (name), take you, from this day forward, to be a part of me, and promise to look upon you forever with dedication, understanding, and unconditional love.
21. (Name), I love you with all my heart and soul. You are everything I could hope to find in a woman/man. You are loving, thoughtful, caring, smart, and beautiful/handsome in my eyes. Your love always makes me feel like the happiest and luckiest man/woman alive. I am proud to have you as my life’s partner and promise I will always be at your side.
22. (Name), I love you. You are my best friend. Today I, (name), commit myself to you. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you and comfort you. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard. When our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you now and forever.
23. Today I marry my best friend, the one I will live with, dream with, and love. I (name) take you to be my husband/wife/partner. From this day forward I will cherish you, looking with joy down the path of our tomorrows knowing we will walk it together side by side, hand in hand and heart to heart.
Traditional Non Religious Wedding Vows – Non Religious Wedding Vows Ideas
24. “I, [speaker’s name], take you, [partner’s name], to be my wedded [husband/wife], to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.”
25. “I, [partner’s name], take you to be my lawfully wedded [husband/wife]. Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as both shall live. I take you with all your faults and your strengths as I offer myself to you with my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.”
26. I consider it an honor and a privilege to be the one you have chosen as your life’s mate. I promise to be a true and faithful husband/wife, to love you, respect you and be honest with you always. I promise to be supportive of your goals and as you grow intellectually, emotionally and spiritually, I will be by your side caring for and helping you all the way. Never be afraid to confide in me…I promise to be a good listener and a safe confidant. You are always welcome in my innermost world, and I promise to share my goals and ideas with you. As we grow together throughout our marriage, there are no limitations on the possibilities of our relationship. I believe in you, ___________ and I will be there for you.
27. It took me a long time to finally find someone I wanted to marry. My standards were high … very high, but they were met when I found you. You have all those qualities I was hoping to find: You’re not only a beautiful person on the outside, but on the inside as well; you’re honest, unselfish, loving, caring and supportive … my ideal woman/man in every way. My standards were high, but now I have a new goal — to be the faithful, committed husband/wife you deserve. I promise to honor you, respect you, love and cherish you as my husband/wife, from this day forward.
28. Many couples like to create their own vows to more warmly reflect the personality of their relationships and the unique qualities of their commitment to each other. Here are some samples you may want to use or borrow from.
29. I take you, this day as my husband/wife, and I promise to walk by your side, as your best friend, your lover and your soul mate. You are my beloved one and I am proud to marry you. I promise to support your dreams and to be there for you at all times.
30. My pride in you is unsurpassed, and the happiness that you bring to me is unending. You are like a precious gift that keeps on giving. You have fulfilled my life in unique and wonderful ways. I know that I can count on you, for you are helpful, dependable and trustworthy. Your smiles and laughter light up my days, and there’s no one else I’d rather spend time with. I wish I could give you everything you could ever want. But all I can promise you is my love, unconditional, complete and forever.
31. Where there has been cold, you have brought warmth; where my life was dark, you have brought light. (Name), I pledge before this assembled company to be your (husband/wife) from this day forward. Let us make of our two lives, one life, and let us always honor and respect each other.
32. (Name), our miracle lies in the path we have chosen together. I enter this marriage with you knowing that the true magic of love is not to avoid changes, but to navigate them successfully. Let us commit to the miracle of making each day work – together.
33. I acknowledge my love for you and invite you to share my life as I hope to share yours. I promise to walk by your side, to love, help and encourage you. I promise to take time to share with you, to listen and to care. I will share your laughter and your tears as your partner, lover and friend. I promise to respect and honor you as an individual and to be conscious of your needs. I will give every effort through kindness and compassion to achieve with you the life we plan together.
34. Every experience we have ever had, everything we have ever done, everything we have ever learned, has brought us to this moment when we stand before these witnesses to take each other as husband and wife. As we look to the future together, I promise to stand by your side, as we face new experiences, always growing together, honoring, respecting and cherishing each other through everything life has in store for us. We bring our individual strengths and weaknesses to this marriage, but as we stand together as one. May we complement each other and be exactly what each other needs as our love and commitment continue to deepen throughout our married life.